I was just enjoying my coffee and bloglines with a side of ravelry this morning, and thinking of all this year has brought. I knew that my blogiversary must have been close...or just passed...but it's TODAY. I only posted once in 2006, and didn't really start until January, so I was just going to let this slip by...but now that I'm here I can't.
I love what blogging has been for me. I'm so happy to write my thoughts. I love meeting knitters. They're an amazing bunch. Before I met knit bloggers I would have never imagined that 'friends' send yarn and hugs (sometimes just because). So, today...as I'm off to my Dad's memorial (or rather this morning I'm trying to avoid the thoughts)...I'm having a contest.
It's November, a season of Thanksgiving. This weekend we celebrate our Veterans. May dad, his dad, my mother's father, my FIL, M's grandfather, my cousin...and so many more. I'm so thankful for my freedom...and I'm thankful for the men and women who protect that every day. As Thanksgiving approaches, we'll listen to this CD at our house again. And, I'll be overwhelmed at what our ancestors gave for our liberties.
So, leave me a comment. Send me your friends. I want to know what you're THANKFUL for. I think reading our thankfulness will strengthen and encourage me as this season will be hard without my dad.
If I get a lot of comments, then I'll leave this open until Thanksgiving (American). And then I'll come up with some prize...just today I don't have a plan.
20 comments:
I'm thankful for many, many things. But today I'll just say that I'm thankful for water, my family, being able to think and create, my church family, and my friends.
I hope today goes well for you.
Reading your blog made me think of one of the moments in my life that I am MOST grateful for. The last conversation I had with my Mom.
I was running late for school and she got home from dropping the little bro and sis off at school. She stopped me and made a point to let me know how much she loved me. That afternoon she died in a car accident. I was 11 years old.
The last 18 years have been filled with moments I wish I could share with her. But I am more thankful than ever that she shared that moment with me.
Wow, heavy comment. Just remembe that this first year will be tough, but you'll find so many memories of your father in that year, also. And that will be nice.
I know just what you mean about blogging. I had no idea what a wonderful group of women I would meet in this setting! I must say that I am thankful for this worldwide community full of women who often understand and make me feel a little less crazy!
Happy Blogiversary.
I know you've been commenting on my blog for awhile and for some reason I just never bookmarked your page. Well, I did now, and not just because you're having a contest.
So sorry to hear of your loss. My best to you and your family as your grieve and heal.
I'm grateful for many things, but mostly my children. Sometimes I want to throw them out the window, but I could never live without them.
Happy Blogoversary!
How sad that it coincides with a family funeral!
I am supremely thankful that I haven't had to losemany people that are close to me yet. I remember how hard it was my my grandma passed. She had battled cancer for longer than I could remember. I am thankful for how long she was in my life, though. I had her with me until I was 18. And I still have my Grandpa! But, more than anything, I am amazingly thankfull for how blessed we were to have all the help and guidance through my oldest's ilness. I hope things go well today for you.
(let me try again)
Happy Blogiversary. I am thankful for so much (and you know the story) another chance in life, my lovely little home, my family, but I think in relation to your post and contest, I am today thankful for discovering knitting. And through knitting I, too, have found new friends blogging online and some local people in the S&B group that share the love of the craft. I have read a few books that each mention the knitting saved either a character's, or in some cases the author's life. I think knitting, while perhaps not saving mine, certainly filled a void that was empty since my accident.
I'm linking your contest on my blog later today.
I'm so sorry about your loss. My dad passed away right before my eldest son turned two - 17 yrs ago. I'm sorry that my son and my second son didn't get to know him. I miss him every day.
I agree with Peggy, I am so thankful for my kids (although throwing them out the window has been an option once or twice).
Try to remember all the happy times.
Happy Blogiversary!!
I'm most Thankful just for having life! Family & Friends and for all the things I do have!
Thanks for stopping by my place :) and for the thoughts for Storm...Best wishes & Thoughts to you also, it is hard without our dads, but I can say it does get easier with time and friends & other family! Hang in there!!
Happy Blogiversary! What a beautiful post. I hope you survived yesterday. I've been thinking of you and I know what you're going through must be so very hard.
I am thankful for all the friends and family I have in my life. I have a big extended family most of whom live relatively close to me. We have family Thanksgivings and Christmas celebrations. We've grown and grown so now have over 30+ at each for one side of the family alone. I love being with them and just wish I could do it more often. I'm also thankful for the many friends I have made in the knitting world including you!
This year I'm reminded to be thankful for quite a lot. My Mom and her health, my bf and all his love and support, the understanding and caring company I work for, my health, my family, and my friends new and old.
Some years go by and they're just average, others test every ounce of strength you have. Yes, it's been my toughest year ever but I've never been happier or more thankful.
firstly, happy blogiversary! it is truly a momentus event.
i'm thankful for so many things in my life - for my health, my children, a relatively secure job, living in a democratic country, a lovely home, plenty of material things (maybe too many), and far too many things that i probably take for granted that i should be more grateful for.
like you (and many others it appears), i am grateful for all of the wonderful people who i have met through blogs, online groups, etc. i has made me realize that even when i feel rather alone, i'm not.
next stop: a link from my blog to the contest.
Happy blogaversery!
Today I am thankful for a great evening last night with my family. We focused on having fun, and nothing else. We had such a great time!
I'm also thankful for my husband. He's so good to me!
I forgot to say that Miss Me (http://knitmetotheendoftime.blogspot.com/) sent me!
I've thought and thought about this question, it's so very hard to decide...
I'm thankful for this life!
There have been some rough, hard and troubling times, but without that I wouldn't be the person I am today and I would have missed out on watching my kids become the stong, compassionate and loving adults they are. I would't have met my wonderful husband, who makes ME complete.
My thoughts are with you today...
I'm thankful for my family and friends. My daughters who fill my days with life and stress, which I couldn't do without. My parents who area always there to support me in anyway I need.
Friends like the ones I have met online (Miss Me who sent me) and ones who will help fix my house.
God be with you as you mourn this loss and treasure your family time.
I looked at your injection post. I'm thankful my reaction was not as bad as yours.
Now we have something in common. My back feels sooo much better. How about your knee?
Happy Blogiversary! And *hugs* if you're feeling up to them.
I'm thankful for my friends. My knitting friends because they understand that sometimes you really just need to pet some wool to feel better. My school friends because they make me feel just a little less crazy. And my friends from home because they don't let me forget how to relax and have fun.
(Miss Me sent me this way)
I am thankful for my wonderful husband and daughter. My family situation was always a little shakey growing up and my husband is so wonderful and kind, he IS my family. I cherish the daughter we have, and knowing that her childhood will be so much better.
I found you through Nancy at the jersey shore. I am sorry for your loss and hope the memorial for your father was comforting. Sandy Wiseheart said "sometimes we knit our knitting and sometimes our knitting knits us". It is so true. Sometimes our knitting helps us cope and the amazing knitting community always is there for a hug and a kind word. I am so very thankful for this.
Post a Comment