I was tagged by Julie. Maybe becasue it doesn't happen very often, but I like being tagged. Or, maybe it's becasue someone is interested in my life...and when you're surrounded by toddlers all day, it's as though the world revolves around them and no one wants to know about me, Kristen. To little ones, only MOM is important.
So here goes with 8 random things about me:
1) I carry an Epi-Pen. I've used to think that I should hide that, because I was embarrassed. But after this week, I want to tell everyone I know. I have a Brighton wallet. There is a large zippered section on the back. That's where my Epi-Pen is. And I will make sure that people I spend a lot of time with know my triggers...and where the Epi-Pen is.
2) I've only traveled to 3rd world areas. Deep into Mexico, Rural Russia in 1993, and China in 1996 and 1998. Maybe these places don't qualify for the official definition of 3rd world...I didn't check into that before writing this...but there weren't real toilets...squatties don't count.
3) I was on my High School Drill Team...because I love the way the sequins on the uniform sparkle in the sun. I sometimes still sit and watch the rainbows my wedding ring makes in the sun. I love my husband!
4) I have a knitting machine that my Gram's brother bought me when I was 12. I haven't figured out how to use it. But, I want some knitted pillows for our living room, and a knitting machine would be a great way to quickly finish the backs.
5) My Dad has always built and sold custom wood furniture. He's currently a High School shop teacher. When we married, I had more power tools than my husband. (I miss the smell of fresh cut wood. I'll get back to that love when the kids are a bit older.)
6) For our anniversary last year, M and I took a Glass Blowing class at a local art glass studio.
7) I never looked into the link for the Yarn Harlot in L.A. I just assumed that I would go. I didn't see that reservations were needed until the spaces were filled. I guess that's best, because right now I couldn't walk from the parking to the auditorium.
8) I live close to a great used book store. A while back I bought Beth Moore's Praying God's Word for $8. This book has helped me so much, it's worth way more than the purchase price. It's more of a tool to use than a book to read.
I'll tag:
Nancy the first prize I ever won, the fist alpaca I've ever owned, the first hand dyed I've ever owned. And a great perspective on life...Days Go By.
Beth my first real commenter. She love's Third Day...and I do too.
Gail the first blogger I ever found. I was searching for homeschool stuff and saw her Tuesday Teatime. That's when I realized that knitters blogged.
Katie my SFBE swap partner...and a fellow blond.
Leslie my neighbor and mom of 4 boys!
I don't know why this took me so long to write. Maybe because I haven't given much thought to myself like this in awhile. Maybe because I woke up at 5am. But whatever...if this is too much and I've tagged you...and you can't continue this. Know that I won't be offended. Just, I tagged you because I want to know more about each of you =0)
4 comments:
How was Brazil?
I love Co-ops, but mine are usually gathering just for the fun stuff. No real academia to be found, but lots of hands-on stuff and fun arising out of the academics we do at home.
Thanks for the 8 Random Things!
Did you see I've got my email on the blog now so we can really chat if you want!
Your random things were interesting. I'll put my thinking cap on! :)
Thanks for the tag! I feel so important because this is the first time I have ever been tagged! I'll get on it in the next week or so! I am so glad to know where your epi-pen is! Hope you are walking with me soon!
I owe you random things. soon, I promise! :-)
Post a Comment