2.04.2008

Hot Cocoa* Pals

My pal Carly sent my package to arrive on the 1st (the first day of swapping). My Critter was ready to mail, but I hadn't taken pictures yet. So, on Friday, the Pals took a trip to the park with my 3. Red and ____ hit it off right away. It's a good thing they were bundled up with a scarf and a vest. It was chilly at the park. (OK...I shouldn't complain...my boys were wearing shorts...but I was chilly and my knee stiffens up.)



They climbed up the structure, but none of the kids would take them on the slide and they were too afraid to go on their own.


____ likes to sail. Maybe he'll get out on a real boat with his new owner.


And after 3 hours chasing kids at the park, ____ needed to chill in my knitting chair. Red was still excited after his trip to CA from VA...so he was still hanging out with the kids. I think we all need some cocoa to warm up.

Red is a Thrifty Critter. ____ is a Purl Critter. I stuffed the arms and legs of the Purl Critter with cotton, but the body is full of rice. This makes him/her sort of heavy...but he/she could spend about 15seconds in the microwave and then would make a nice hand warmer. I tried it...he/she probably needs some lavander oil if this is going to happen...the wool is stinky. Oh, and remove the clothes before cooking. =0) Do you need a little critter in your life? My boys are asking for orange kitties.

6 comments:

kasiaiscarly said...

too cute. . . though ___ makes red look like he could stand to lose a few pounds :)

Miss Me said...

___ is adorable! yes - he would be an excellent use for some leftover tiger yarn... : )

K. Anne said...

love both the critters! i have a question for you...would you send me your email address? thanks!

vegasangelbrat said...

LOL oh how cute!! So glad they enjoyed thier day in the park!!

Sarah said...

I so need to come up with a name for _____ now that she has arrived in NYC. And soon to follow, an adventure in Central Park (as she seemed to enjoy your local park) where she'll be needing a scarf and hat - they promise its going to be more winterlike here soon. Thanks so much for my goodies!

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

Oh, you made a kitty! He's so adorable, and so well dressed! I got a kitty from my pal too, I love her!